Monday, October 28, 2013

Ryder's Allergy

F = Felicity
R = Ryder,
N = Nurse




F: It sure is nice that you can roller blade out here Ryder. Like this years pumpkin?
R:  It's super nice!!!

F: Thanks, it smells all nice and pumpikny to!!

R: Let me smell!! 
Ryder reached down and picked up the pumpkin to smell it.

She put it back down and started wobbling, 

R: Felicity!
F: Ryder, you, okay?

Ryder started to wobble and looked sick, 
F: Ryder why don't you, 
Ryder collapsed!!!

F: RYDER!!! Ryder are you okay???!!!??!!
No response.



Ryder woke up,

A nurse was tending to her. 
R: What happened to me?
N: It's good to see you awake hon, well, after some testing, it seems that you have a very severe and life threatening allergy to pumpkins. So this is a bad time of year for you.
R: I have, an, allergy? 
N: Yup. So now you need to be careful, pumpkins, or things containing pumpkins could be very dangerous for you. 
R: Sow what do I do? Lock myself up during the fall?
N: That is an option. But, if you ever feel an Allergic Reaction happening, you can give yourself some medicine. Especially when you are out at the grocery store, or at a restaurant. 

Ryder layed in the hospital bed, a pumpkin allergy? A PUMPKIN allergy?! This was not what she wanted, but she had to accept it.


The Dolls,

6 comments:

  1. OH MY! Poor Ryder, allergic to PUMPKINS.

    ~Molly
    P.S. Everyone hopes you feel better soon, Ryder! I know you will get over your pumpkin allergy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girls, I was fine once all pumpkin items were removed, I just can't go in the kitchen for a while.. (LOT'S of mini pumpkins!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you had gone to MY doll's doctor, you would have been cured! Here's the doc's number: 1-800ALLERGYGONE. Hehe. Not a real phone number. but dollies can call it. just not people.
    - Anonymous A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this! My brother and sister both have at least one severe food allergy(sister has 6) and so many people at school have bullied me at school because of my food allergies. I'm starting to homeschool this year because one of my friends didn't know she wasn't supposed to give out my email and didn't know this girl bullied me. So she started cyberbullying me too and was saying stuff like I'm sorry you can't be here to eat the most delicious chocolate cake ever with me. I'll bring some to school for you to eat. Oh right, your face will swell up and look all ugly and you'll start crying and then I'll get to call you a baby. Then there is a pictur of her sticking her tongue out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reached word limit:( Anyways, so so grateful for you spreading the word. Here's a place to find more info

    ReplyDelete