Thursday, July 31, 2014

Seashells Seashells! (Not by the Seashore.)

R = Rebecca




R: Hello everyone!



Today I am showing off a fraction of my mother's Seashell Collection!

Sea them all? (Get the pun?)

Not much to SAY about each shell, but they are pretty to look at!

I adore that grey one! Maybe mama will put it in an easy access area so I can admire it!

This one is nice, but wait til you see the others!

Meh. I've seen better. (No offense mom! Or seashells!)

We are getting into the bigger shells!

This one, while seeming small, ways like HALF A POUND. Literally!

This is a piece of what we think is a huge Sand Dollar maybe?

AND THIS IS THE PRETTIEST ONE OF ALL! So gorgeous and orange and frilly!

This one is not as big as it looks. It was just the angle.

These two are large, and beautiful!

AND THIS IS THE BIGGEST ONE OF ALL! This huge shell mama found, along with all the others seen here, were collected on Dauphin Island off the coast of Alabama!

IT IS AS BIG AS MY HEAD!

Mama also had a smaller seashell with a hole in it, she made it into a necklace for me!

Pretty!



So now you have seen a small part of my mom's seashell collection, oh I love hearing about where she found some of these seashells. Dauphin Island (Which she went to back in May.) was apparently an amazing little island! You would drive down the road and either side you look at a few hundred yards away was the Gulf of Mexico! They took a REALLY long bridge to get to the island, and spent part of the day there swimming!


Well, goodbye, for now!




The Doll,

2 comments: